Tuesday , 16 July 2024

Tell Your Story To A Juvenile Crime Charges Lawyer Now For Free ↓

Oops! We could not locate your form.

Home » Oklahoma Criminal Defense » Juvenile Crime Charges

Juvenile Crime Charges

Has your child been charged with a juvenile crime? We are talented trial attorneys with great negotiation skills and experience representing minors charged with crimes in Oklahoma.

Not only can a juvenile crime charge have an immediate adverse effect on a minor’s life, but it can also result in long-term consequences that may change the course of his or her entire life, particularly if the case is transferred to adult court. If your child has been charged with a juvenile crime in Oklahoma, don’t leave his or her future to chance. Contact our experienced defense attorneys at Oklahoma Legal Center to discuss your child’s legal options.

Common Types of Juvenile Crimes

  • Aggravated Assault
  • Assault
  • Assault and Battery
  • Battery
  • Drug Offense
  • First-Degree Murder
  • Homicide
  • Justifiable Homicide
  • Manslaughter
  • Murder
  • Second-Degree Murder

If your child is facing charges for a serious juvenile crime, your first course of action should be to seek legal advice from a reputable criminal defense attorney with experience litigating juvenile cases. The Oklahoma City-based criminal defense lawyers at Oklahoma Legal Center have the skill necessary to build a strong defense in your child’s case and are able to handle juvenile crime cases in any city throughout Oklahoma. Contact us today to learn how we can help protect your loved one.

Oklahoma Juvenile Crime Q&A

Below are common questions our criminal defense attorneys are asked by our clients:

What is a juvenile crime?
A juvenile crime is an offense committed by a person not old enough to be held responsible for criminal acts. In Oklahoma, the age for criminal culpability is set at 18 years, which means anyone under the age of 18 that commits a crime in Oklahoma may be charged with a juvenile offense. Here at Oklahoma Legal Center, we understand that the main goal of the juvenile justice system is to rehabilitate our youth rather than punish them. Call us today to discuss your case.

Can an underage person be charged with a crime and sentenced as an adult?
If the juvenile court waives or relinquishes its jurisdiction, a person under the age of 18 charged with an Oklahoma crime can be transferred into adult court, where the juvenile can be charged and sentenced as an adult.

Are juvenile crimes State or Federal jurisdiction?
The federal role in the field has largely been that of funder and standard-setter for juvenile crimes and juvenile delinquency in Oklahoma. Congress passed the Juvenile Delinquency Prevention and Control Act in 1968. This was later revised in 1972, and renamed the Juvenile Delinquency Prevention Act. The stated purpose of the act is to assist states and local communities in providing community-based preventative services to youths in danger of becoming delinquent, to help train individuals in occupations providing such services, and to provide technical assistance in the field.

What is the definition of juvenile deliquency?
The Federal Juvenile Delinquency Act defines juvenile delinquency as any act that is otherwise a crime, but is committed by someone under 18 years of age. The Act also sets forth rules by which state laws must comply with regard to juvenile court procedures and punishments.

Contact a Criminal Defense Attorney for Legal Help

If your child has been charged with a juvenile crime in Oklahoma, it’s understandable why you might feel helpless against the legal system. However, it’s important to recognize the fact that a juvenile crime charge is not the end of the world. Our knowledgeable attorneys at Oklahoma Legal Center have extensive experience litigating juvenile crime cases in Oklahoma, and may be able to get your child’s charges reduced or dismissed altogether. Contact our criminal defense lawyers today for qualified legal help.

Tell Your Story To A Juvenile Crime Charges Lawyer Now For Free ↓

Oops! We could not locate your form.