For many people, the moments immediately following a car accident are a blur. However, it’s important to remember that the actions you take after being involved in a car accident in Oklahoma can affect your ability to pursue compensation for your injuries, medical bills, and pain and suffering in the future. For this reason, enlisting …
For many people, the moments immediately following a car accident are a blur. However, it’s important to remember that the actions you take after being involved in a car accident in Oklahoma can affect your ability to pursue compensation for your injuries, medical bills, and pain and suffering in the future. For this reason, enlisting the help of a knowledgeable car accident lawyer and being aware of the proper steps to take after being involved in an Oklahoma car accident are both critical. If you have been the victim of a car accident in Oklahoma, be sure to follow these steps:
- Check yourself, your passengers and anyone else involved in the accident for injuries. If anyone has suffered injuries, you are legally obligated to contact the authorities right away. If you are experiencing pain in your neck, head or back, stay where you are and wait for help. If you are able to walk around without worsening your injuries, you should begin collecting information that will prove to be extremely important during the claims process.
- Write down the name, insurance information and contact information from all drivers involved in the accident. You should also collect contact information from anyone who witnessed the crash. If you have a camera or camera phone, take pictures of the crash site, tire marks, the vehicles and your injuries. You should also write down where, how and when the accident occurred.
- When the authorities arrive at the scene of the accident, make sure you get your account of the incident into the police report. If police don’t arrive, file a report at the police station as soon as possible.
- Seek medical attention, even if you don’t think you have suffered any injuries. Some of the most debilitating injuries, including neck and back injuries, aren’t immediately obvious, but can result in chronic pain and possibly even physical disability. Plus, having medical records on file can serve as legal proof of your injuries should you choose to file a personal injury claim.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney in Oklahoma to discuss your legal options. Consulting a legal representative is a good idea, especially if you have suffered a serious injury, or if you’re concerned the at-fault driver won’t accept blame for the accident.
An Oklahoma Car Accident Attorney Can Help
Pursuing financial compensation for a car accident injury can be a complicated and frustrating process. Fortunately, our car accident attorneys at Oklahoma Legal Center are familiar with Oklahoma personal injury laws and can help victims of car accidents in OK seek fair and timely reimbursement for their injuries. Too often, severely injured car accident victims are taken advantage of by the negligent party in the accident or by deceptive insurance companies who often prey on the vulnerability of injured individuals. In fact, most insurance claims adjusters are trained to save the company money, which they sometimes do by denying valid personal injury claims or offering settlements far below what a victim is entitled to. If you have suffered injuries in an Oklahoma car accident, or if you lost a loved one in such an accident, contact our skilled car accident lawyers at Oklahoma Legal Center as soon as possible.